Chocolate Cheese cake Recipe - Ingredients:
Preparation time: 8 hrs (including setting) | Cooking time: 30 mins | Recipe cuisine: World | Category: Dessert
For the Base:
Crushed Biscuits - 1 cup ( digestive or crackers)
Butter - 4 tbsp
Coco powder - 2 tbsp ( omit if using chocolate biscuits)
Powdered sugar - 2 tbsp
For the Cheese cake:
Cream Cheese - 1 cup
Heavy cream - 1 cup
Sugar - 1 cup ( powdered)
Semi sweet/ Dark Chocolate - 1 cup + 1 tbsp butter
Agar Agar - 3 tbsp
Water - 1/2 cup
For Topping :
Chocolate shavings - 2-3 tbsp
Cherries - few to decorate
Whipped/ heavy cream - 1 scoop
To prepare base:
1. Crush the biscuits to a fine powder in a mixer. In a bowl mix the powdered biscuits, coco powder, sugar and melted butter and mix with your finger tips until it resembles bread crumbs and butter is well incorporated.
2. Press this mixture over the base of a 8' inch spring form pan or any tin with detachable base.
3.Refrigerate the base for about 1 hr. Meanwhile you can prepare the cheese filling.
To prepare Cheesecake:
1. Take the agar agar and soak it in 1/2 cup hot water for 10 mins.
2. In a bowl beat the cream cheese, heavy cream and powdered sugar until smooth and creamy.
3. Melt the chocolate with butter using a double boiler method. (Alternatively you can also microwave the same on medium for 2 mins.) Allow it to cool slightly and slowly stir in to the cheese mixture and mix well.
4. Place the china grass along with the water and allow it to melt stirring all the while on low flame. (Alternatively you can also microwave along with the water for 2 mins on med high). Once it melts completely pour it over the chocolate cheese mixture and stir well without any lumps.
5. Immediately pour the chocolate cheese mixture over the prepared biscuit crust.
6. Spread it evenly and cover with a foil or cling wrap. Allow it to set in the refrigerator for 4 hrs or preferably over night .
Take it out and decorate with chocolate shavings and top it up with cherries. Serve with whipped cream.
- Allow the agar agar to melt completely and add while it is still hot itself. You can also strain and add to avoid lumps.
- If using Gelatin use 1 tbsp as it will be enough to set the cheese cake.
- For Chocolate shavings, just grate some milk chocolate while it is still hard.
- If desired you can add another layer to this cheese cake with chocolate ganache or can simply melt milk chocolate and pour over it.
Now dig into these yummy treat....